The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine is able to promote and protect the reputation of a business by increasing the reach and quality of its communications. She is a strong and driven individual who can capture the attention of a broad audience in order to increase the reputation of, and trust in, a company regionally, nationally and globally. As someone who make things happen, she will have no trouble dealing with layers and bureaucracy without losing momentum and energy. In her current role she manages the organisations very large PR, Marketing and Communications budget. Additionally, she collaborates with third party suppliers to optimize content for digital platforms. Through her career she has built up a track record of delivering results against strategic objectives. On a personal level she is a creative and able to think of new and innovative ways to communicate and engage with audiences. Right now, she is looking for role that will offer her a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for helping the business to succeed by shaping the views of customers, employees, communities and opinion formers.
- Raising the profile of the business.
- Acting as the guardian of all external and internal communications, ensuring that they are on brand and on message.
- Connecting employees to the company’s purpose, business priorities and each other.
- Directly liaising with journalists and responding to press enquiries.
- Leading a communications team made up of 20 people.
- Working with the HR department and management team to ensure that all staff are effective brand ambassadors.
- Using audience insight to inform communication objectives, messages and solutions.
- Reporting to senior managers and directors on a weekly basis.
- Representing the Head of Communications at both internal and external meetings.
- Planning, editing and writing content for a variety of internal communications mediums.
- Looking closely at advertising spend to identify those areas were costs can be cut.
- Preparing staff for media appearances.
- Proof reading and editing content for publication.
- Deputising for the Director as required.
- Working with third parties to deliver PR activities.
- Attending company-wide events, such as staff conference, AGM and company training workshops, etc.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Able to work within an ambiguous environment, prioritise and reconcile competing demands and resolve complex issues.
- Organised and able to juggle competing priorities.
- Can empower and engage team leaders.
- Experience of managing budgets and cost plans.
- Ability to work independently in a strategic role.
- Noticing the small details that can make all the difference.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Good IT skills with specific experience of using a range of social media platforms.
- Taking ownership of my work and always achieving what I set out to do.
- Resilient by nature and not one to give up when the going gets tough.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Can speak English to an advanced and sophisticated level, both written and verbal.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Head of Communications resume
Head of Communications resume template
Head of Communications cover letters
Head of Communications cover letter example
Head of Communications cover letter example 1
Head of Communications cover letter example 2
Head of Communications cover letter example 3
Related cover letter examples
Head of Finance cover letter example
Head of HR cover letter example
Head of IT cover letter example
Head of Marketing cover letter example
Head of Operations cover letter