The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine can shape the reputation of a company by raising awareness of it amongst key audiences. She relentlessly focuses on value and how to deliver business objectives. Since 2018 she has worked for ……….., where she has been commended for executing strategic campaigns, orchestrating complex impactful multichannel communications strategies and building brand appreciation. Through her career she has gained experience of working across corporate communications for both private and public-sector business. On a personal level she will bring a sophisticated and agile approach to everything that she does. Right now, she is looking for a leadership role that will allow her to combine seniority, challenge and purpose with time for her other interests and responsibilities.
HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for working with others to formulate effective communication and engagement strategies.
- Meeting the CEO every Monday morning to discuss and set the coming weeks objectives.
- Briefing internal spokespeople and giving them media training to ensure they are better skilled to respond to media opportunities.
- Developing campaigns to communicate and engage with key audiences.
- Proactively generating press coverage to promote the company’s work and image.
- In charge of the overall editorial control to ensure appropriate content, messaging, tone and consistency.
- Supporting the development, planning and implementation of communications strategies.
- Ensuring that the communications team achieves its objectives.
- Creating engaging pitches, projects and campaigns.
- Offering advice to colleagues and supporting them in any way possible.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to implement the marketing and communication plans.
- Raising the profile of the company through conferences and events.
- Monitoring the communication departments staff performance and conducting regular reviews and appraisals.
- Giving presentations and reports to audiences.
- Managing staff sick, holiday and training days.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Encouraging staff to discuss, challenge and contribute ideas.
- Ability to understand business issues and devise solutions.
- Experience of line managing multiple people from different backgrounds.
- Can look at a problem in detail to find the log jam that is holding everything up.
- Knowledge of print and digital production process.
- A respectful and inclusive attitude towards junior members of staff.
- Reaching people both at an individual and organisation level.
- Superb political, influencing and people management skills.
- Experience of working within high pressure environment.
- Personal commitment to Equality and Diversity across all areas of work.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Head of Communications resume
Head of Communications resume template
Head of Communications cover letters
Head of Communications cover letter example
Head of Communications cover letter example 1
Head of Communications cover letter example 2
Head of Communications cover letter example 3
Related cover letter examples
Head of Finance cover letter example
Head of HR cover letter example
Head of IT cover letter example
Head of Marketing cover letter example
Head of Operations cover letter