The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A proven Head of Communications who can keep people, partners, communities and vitally, the public informed and engaged through positive messages. Maxine can create proactive and impactful campaigns that will manage a company’s public affairs agenda so as to strengthen its reputation. In her current role she operates at the heart of the action, working across the enterprise to uncover the stories and develop the narrative. She briefs senior level executives on a daily basis and is proud to say that they are happy with her ability to create and manage high performing teams. On a personal level she is a superb communicator who can quickly win the respect of her colleagues. Right now, she is looking to join a company that encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of their background, circumstances, age, disability, gender or ethnicity.
HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for leading the day to day management of web, press office, social media and digital communications teams.
- Ensuring that communications messages are consistent across all mediums and across different departments.
- Working constructively, openly and proactively with other parts of the Communications team to ensure a joined-up communications approach.
- Acting as the internal expert and go-to person for advice and support on PR activities.
- Extending the company’s marketing strategy into digital and social touch points.
- Helping to build relationships with complex internal and external stakeholders.
- Serving as a communications adviser to the management team.
- Providing the continuous drive to staff needed to improve standards and achieve results.
- Driving through high impact internal communications messages and campaigns which drive engagement and business performance.
- Assessing the analytics of the company’s website and social media to increase following.
- Putting together the annual brand marketing budget.
- Developing effective communication strategies across low and no cost channels.
- Managing a heavy workload and delivering to tight deadlines.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Writing and presenting clear and concise professional communications to all employees.
- Coming up with innovative ideas to solve seemingly impossible problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and at speed.
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain best value and outcomes.
- Can work in a complex operating environment.
- Proven success as a trusted advisor to senior leadership.
- Ability to combine long-term planning and short-term reactive work.
- Sound organisational and administrative abilities.
- Adaptable by nature and able to think quickly and strategically in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess relevant degree and related professional qualifications.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Head of Communications resume
Head of Communications resume template
Head of Communications cover letters
Head of Communications cover letter example
Head of Communications cover letter example 1
Head of Communications cover letter example 2
Head of Communications cover letter example 3
Related cover letter examples
Head of Finance cover letter example
Head of HR cover letter example
Head of IT cover letter example
Head of Marketing cover letter example
Head of Operations cover letter