Human resources is rightly judged to be the lifeblood of many businesses, and is seen by many as being fundamental to any company’s success.
This course will teach you to see people as assets of a company, it will show you how to improve their performance, and to use them to achieve competitive advantage. You will learn skills that can be practically implemented back in the workplace, and will discover not only how to win over employees, but also how to get everyone in a company to pull together in the same direction.
These programmes will enhance your knowledge of the HR industry, which in turn will enable you to embrace new career opportunities. A qualification in this subject will show potential employers that you can add value to their organisation, and demonstrate to them your commitment to this specialised business-critical field. On passing the course you will gain a respected accreditation that will open doors for you, and set you well on your way to becoming a professional HR practitioner.
HR training courses overview
Programmes of study will cover a wide range of topics, and are focused on bringing students up to date with the latest thinking and research on key HR sectors. As an introduction to human resources it will provide you with a detailed understanding of all aspects of the field. This will be done through coursework assignments, case studies, practical examples and workshop sessions.
At every stage of their studies students will receive the full support of expert trainers, as well as regular feedback from them. Apart from teaching you they will also be available to give you helpful career advice.
Through a high standard of training you will be fully prepared to respond to and anticipate the strategic and operational challenges a HR department faces. Students will be equipped with the skills and techniques needed to ensure staff perform to the peak of their abilities. Ultimately you will be able to deliver a level of HR performance that enhances your organisation.
You will be given excellent training material that covers all the course modules in detail, as well as useful online resources and course assignments.
Typical subjects taught on a HR training course
- Absence Management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Conflict Management
- Data Protection at Work
- Disability Discrimination
- Disciplinary Action
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Law
- Employee and Labour Relations
- Employee Retention
- Employment Tribunals
- Graduate Recruitment
- Handling Grievances
- Harassment and Bullying at work
- Health & Safety at Work
- HR Administration
- HR Best Practice
- HR Legislation
- HR Management
- HR Planning
- HR Policies
- HR Strategies
- Interviewing Techniques
- job Analysis
- Job Specifications
- Managing Poor Performance
- Manpower Planning
- Mediation Skills
- Motivating Employees
- Organisations Development
- Paid annual Leave
- Performance Management
- Personnel Records
- Planning Interview Questions
- Pregnancy and Maternity Leave
- Recruitment Selection
- Race Discrimination
- Recruitment Law
- Recruitment Agencies
- Recruitment Strategies
- Remuneration and Benefits Packages
- Return to Work Interviews
- Reward Strategies
- Sex Discrimination
- Staff Appraisals
- Staff Management
- Staff Payroll
- Statutory and Contractual Leave
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Talent Management
- Termination of Employment
- Trade Unions
- Unfair Dismissal
- Unlawful Discrimination
- Welfare Issues
- Workplace Investigations
- Writing Job Descriptions
You will learn how to
- Train and retain good workers.
- Attract the best employees.
- Handle misconduct.
- Ensure that a recruitment campaign complies with all relevant legal obligations.
- Manage unexpected staff absences.
- Align HR practices with a organisations needs.
- Implement diversity and equality practices.
- Find the right people for the right job.
- Monitor probationary periods.
- Monitoring staff timekeeping.
- Check that a prospective candidate has the right to work in the country.
- Provide guidance, support and advice on all hr related issues.
You will learn about
- The HR profession.
- Employment legislation and how it can affect an organisation.
- The latest changes in legislation.
- How cultural diversity operates within a workplace environment.
- How to promote an inclusive working environment
- Identifying staff training needs.
- The employer’s duty of care towards its staff.
Questions to ask a HR training provider
- Do they have any testimonials from satisfied students?
- Is all of the training material i.e. books and software provided for in the fee, or do you have to purchase them separate.
- Does the price include any exams or tests that you have to sit.
- Does the price include any certificate of completion.
- Is any free support provided once you have successfully completed the course?
- The total cost of the course.
- When do you have to pay the fee, up front or half no and half later?
- When will you get your certificate.
- How long has your company been running HR courses?
- What type of certificate will you get at the end, can you see an example of it, and is it accredited by any trade or recognized industry body?
- Where exactly will the course be held? (this question does not apply to online or distance learning courses).
- Will you have to take an examination to pass the course, if so how many exams will you have to sit.
- If you fail a test, then can you keep retaking it until you pass, if so is there an extra charge for every time you take a test?
- What is the average pass rate of students?
- Are there any grants available for this course, or discounts for students etc?
- How many people will there be in a class?
- What resources do you provide students?
- How do I register for a course?
Who is a HR training course suitable for
- Anyone wanting to move into a HR role or apply for related fields.
- Anyone currently working in a HR department.
- Inexperienced as well as experienced HR staff.
- People interested in becoming HR specialists.
Related HR Assistant resume example
HR assistant CV template
HR assistant resume 1
HR assistant resume 2
HR assistant resume 3
Human Resources Assistant resume
Student entry level HR assistant resume template
Human Resources degree
Other related courses
Business Administration course