The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A fully qualified Maths teacher who strives to provide all of her students with the best learning experience possible so they have the greatest opportunities in the future. Maxine has the ability to enthuse and encourage pupils to reach their full potential. In her current role she works in a friendly, vibrant and well-resourced school where staff offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and diversity of challenging attributes. She contributes to the broader life of the school by supporting and leading curricular and extra-curricular events such as school productions, trips and the language club. As a true professional she is comfortable planning and teaching her own lesson plans. Right now, she is looking for a suitable role with a school that has a senior leadership team that will allow and support her to be inspirational and proactive.
MATHS TEACHER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for making sure each student is given that extra push needed to help them reach their full potential and to ensure they are continuously making progress in their studies.
- Arriving in class, on or before the start of the lesson, and beginning and ending lessons on time.
- Planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level.
- Providing individual and tailored support that fully prepares students for their exams.
- Supervising and supporting the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers.
- Coming up with new teaching methods to keep students engaged and interested in learning.
- Taking into account the differing ability of students and differentiating their work accordingly.
- Complying with the School’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
- Ensuring that good practice and useful resources are shared throughout the department.
- Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
- Maintaining an up-to-date syllabus for all the courses and classes being taught.
- Talking to parents about a student’s progress or otherwise.
- Carrying out student supervisory duties as required such as ground duty and exam supervision etc.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Can teach students who have been excluded from their previous school.
- Have proven experience of teaching Maths.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Marketing and promoting courses and programmes to a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate students to maximise their potential.
- Managing disruptive and challenging behaviour.
- Well-known and respected within the school and local community.
- Covering for absent colleagues as is reasonable, fair and equitable.
- Have charisma and can quickly gain followers.
- Can establish a rapport with students.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.