The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine is an enthusiastic and inspirational Maths teacher who is able to set high standards, whilst monitoring targets and the progress of her students. She is a skilled leader who motivates people by recognising success at all levels and by offering students appropriate praise and reward. In her current role she works in a maths faculty that is full of experienced teachers who have helped to mould her into a better tutor. She is proud to say that students from her school often go on to do great things because they have been sculpted into high achievers. On a personal level she is someone who can respond to her students’ needs and welfare with counselling, guidance and support, and, where necessary is not afraid to refer them to the appropriate alternative authority. Right now, she is looking to join a school that has a modern teaching environment along with lots of energy and interaction.
MATHS TEACHER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for achieving outstanding outcomes for her students by using a variety of modern teaching and learning strategies.
- Establishing positive professional relationships with students.
- Raising the profile of Maths within the curriculum area.
- Maintaining a student’s focus, motivation and progress throughout the lesson.
- Ensuring that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- Encouraging all students to be actively engaged in their own learning,
- Attending all scheduled meetings in the Maths Department and school and getting involved in any discussions.
- Covering for other teachers at short notice.
- Monitoring pupils’ work to ensure high standards are consistently maintained.
- Maintaining up-to-date administrative records, reports, profiles, course files etc.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Have a long list of recognised teaching qualifications.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the role.
- Promoting teamwork within the Maths Department.
- Keeping up to date with developments in subject area and education in general.
- Proficient in the use of IT appropriate to this post.
- Establishing effective working relationships with professional colleagues and associate staff.
- Being a role model to students through personal presentation and professional conduct.
- Looking to take a bigger step in my career within the academic scene.
- Acting as a positive role model.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.