The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine has a track record of maximising learner success, achievement and retention. She is a qualified, dynamic and experienced Maths Teacher who is enthusiastic, committed and reliable when it comes to working with her pupils. As a true professional she has the appropriate knowledge and understanding related to the post. On a personal level she ensures that she knows all her students by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times. In her current role she works at a mixed secondary school that caters to students aged 11-16. Throughout her career she has routinely been assessed as a “good” or “outstanding” teacher. Additionally, she has a track record of getting her students into higher further education. Right now, she is looking to join a school that positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
MATHS TEACHER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for planning, developing and delivering high quality lessons using a variety of approaches.
- Ensuring that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- Accurately providing support and encouragement to aid a student’s progression.
- Sensitive to the learning needs of all students.
- Teaching five periods a day.
- Assisting in the recruitment and enrolment of students.
- Keeping work and classroom areas tidy and well organised.
- Enforcing the school’s behaviour and uniform policies on a daily basis.
- Writing up reports on the performance of individual students for senior management.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties related to the job purpose required from time to time.
- Ensuring continuity, progression and cohesiveness in all teaching activities.
- Keeping an accurate register of students for each lesson.
- Looking out for unexplained absences or patterns of absence which are then reported immediately in accordance with the school’s policy.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Always looking to further own personal development.
- Experience of working with young people and in a laboratory environment.
- Previous experience of teaching key stage 3 & 4 students.
- Can teach vulnerable adults in community settings.
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively as an individual and team member.
- Implementing the use of new technologies that enhance teaching and learning.
- Sociable by nature and able to get along with people from all social backgrounds.
- Not afraid to stand up to disruptive students or behaviour.
- Loyal to colleagues and school.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
1 to 1 tutoring
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.