The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A positively motivated, energetic team player who has a strong desire to grow a career in the field of early childhood education. Allison will always ensure that each child gets as much individual attention as possible, and is committed to raising standards and maximising pupil progress. She has a long track record of delivering high quality care and learning opportunities to children aged between two and five years old, and is more than willing to assume ultimate responsibility for the development of children under her care.
Right now she is looking to join a modern school with very good facilities, and which believes in nurturing talent and supporting their staff to learn and improve every step of the way.
PRESCHOOL TEACHER – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for helping to organise, plan and also participate in activities that entertain and teach children. Also in charge of observing and summarising a child’s progress in areas such as reading, maths and music.
- Planning activities based on a child’s interest.
- Teaching children through structured play.
- Developing a child’s curiosity and knowledge.
- Abiding by all local regulations as well as safety protocols.
- Developing a well-managed, child oriented learning curriculum.
- Tidying up the classroom at the end of a lesson.
- Motivating and stimulating children’s learning abilities.
- Building relationships with parents.
- Cleaning toys and class equipment.
- Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of the children.
- Updating the classroom bulletin boards with children’s artwork.
- Completing all required paperwork.
- Preparing and arranging pre-class materials.
- Maintaining pupil attendance records.
- Maintaining in good order the appearance, and décor of the classroom.
- Participating in school events.
- Submitting weekly lesson plans.
TRAINEE ART TEACHER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Building relationships with small groups of children.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR cards.
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- Using appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Having patience and self-control when dealing with young children and their parents.
- Good planning and preparation skills.
- Able to quickly connect with parents and the local community.
- Providing pastoral care and support to children.
- Ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- Excellent supervision and organizational skills.
- Greatly enjoy working with children.
- Able to quickly fit into an established school and work as part of an existing team.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Teaching Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Teacher CV examples
Teaching CV template
Related teacher resume examples
Art Teacher resume
Computer Teacher resume
Dance Teacher resume
English Teacher resume
First year Teacher resume
High School Teacher resume
Kindergarten Teacher resume
Science Teacher resume
Special Education Teacher resume
Substitute Teacher resume
Online Teaching degree