The finance sector is a fast-paced, results orientated and very competitive. Financial considerations are at the root of all major business decisions. No matter what financial position your CV is targeting there are certain key points it should always include. Chief amongst these being your ability to be an asset to any prospective employer by increasing profits, reducing costs and improve performance.
Remember companies as a whole are interested in people who can:
- Attract more clients for their business.
- Demonstrate that they have achieved results in the finance industry.
- Identify ways to cut business costs or overheads.
- Create informative and accurate reports or accounts.
- Analyse financial information and statistics.
This is a resource page to help job seekers create a professional looking financial CV. You will not only get access to CV templates but also advice on how to tell the Hiring Manager that you’re the right person for the job.
Financial CV example
Financial CV templates
Below are a bank or expertly written CV examples targeted at specific jobs within the financial industry. They are designed to give you as a candidate an idea of how to approach your job hunting in what is a very cut throat industry.
Click on the image to see the full version.
Accounts Assistant CV
Assistant Accountant CV
Bank Cashier CV
Credit Controller CV
Finance Assistant CV
Finance Director CV
Finance Manager CV
Finance Analyst CV
Finance Controller CV
Graduate Stockbroker CV
Trainee Accountant CV
Trainee Insurance Broker CV
More Financial CV examples
Banking CV template
CV template of a student looking for a financial sector job
Economist CV template
Finance manager CV template
Investment banking CV template
How to write a Financial CV
Read the job advert carefully and make a detailed list of what skills the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. Then convincingly present your past employment history and experiences to fit the employers requirements. Target your expertise, skills, experience and training towards the requirements of the job you are applying for.
Hiring managers can be lazy, if you do not have a list of your key skills at the top of your first page then some will not bother to search for them. List your most relevant strengths on the first page under a ‘Areas of Expertise’ heading.
On the first page also state you career objective, and what sort of finance job you want. Then explain why you feel you are the ideal candidate for the vacancy. Sprinkle your CV with financial vocabulary and industry keywords like process improvement, cost cutting, data analysis, fiscal management, financial reporting, business development etc. This sort of jargon will attract the eye of the hiring manager and show strengths that they are looking for.
- Add credibility and professionalism to your CV by including power phrases and metrics for maximum impact.
- Emphasize your accomplishments and quantifiable results of your work. Do this by showing a consistent track record of increasing income and revenue whilst reducing expenditure.
- When crafting your CV show statistics and figures to back up your claims.
What to include in a financial CV
- Your ability to prepare and check ledger balances and other monthly and yearly accounts.
- Monitoring company expenses.
- Budgetary control.
- Knowledge of using the latest software accounting systems.
- Providing financial advice and support to senior manager or clients.
- Experience of analysing competitors and also predicting market trends.
- Business administration.
- Commercial correspondence.
- Database administration.
- Awareness of related legal issues.
- Project planning / decision making.
- Organisational development.
- Monthly management accounts.
- Project Planning.
Accounting training courses
Copyright information – Please read
© These financial CV template examples are the copyright of Dayjob Ltd. Job seekers may download and use these resumes for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our website. However these curriculum vitae samples must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of these CV templates please email: email@example.com.