The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine has what it takes to generate income that can be used to transform the lives of those most in need. She sees Fundraisers as the money-makers of the charity world and because of this goes out of her way to raise as much money as possible, the right way. As a true professional she always has a real interest in, and commitment to, the cause she is raising money for. Meaning every conversation she has will be passionate but friendly. On a personal level she is presentable, has great interpersonal skills and possesses the exceptional patience needed to remain seated and engaged throughout the day. In her current role she works on the front line, signing people up for regular direct debit donations to the charity. Right now, she is looking to move up in her fundraising career and wants to work for a reputable organisation where there is genuine scope for future promotion.
FUNDRAISER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for persuading members of the public to give generously to deserving charities.
- Approaching members of the public and asking them for donations.
- Face to face fundraising within supermarkets and shopping centres.
- Coming up with new and innovative ideas on how to capture the hearts and minds of potential philanthropists.
- Setting financial targets for fundraising activities, and then creating strategies for reaching them.
- Engaging in conversations with people and inspiring them to become an ongoing supporter of the charity through direct debit donations.
- Creating awareness of a charitable cause.
- Developing and maintaining a media contact list of journalists who can be approached to publicise fundraising efforts.
- Coming up with realistic and practical ideas on how to raise funds from members of the public, private companies and institutional donors.
- Filling in records, timesheets and administrative forms relating to fundraising.
- Coordinating the transportation of fundraising staff, materials and stands to venues.
- Approaching local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations.
- Identifying and then submitting applications to awards that will raise the profile of the charity.
- Assisting in brainstorming sessions to come up with new ways to raise funds.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Superb communicator who is able to grasp what’s important to potential donors.
- Recruiting, organising and inspiring volunteers.
- Available to work up to five days per week.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the charity sector as a whole and in particular the cause area I am raising funds for.
- Having knowledge of the Data Protection Act in relation to donor databases.
- Planning and coordinating events meant to raise money.
- Have an outgoing personality and an ability to talk to people.
- Willing to be personally accountable for delivering effective, quality outcomes.
- Responsible by nature and not one to crack jokes at the wrong time.
- Can work with people from all social backgrounds.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Door 2 door
Cash bucket collections
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Fundraiser cover letters
Fundraiser cover letter
Fundraiser cover letter 1
Fundraiser cover letter 2
Fundraiser cover letter 3
Fundraiser cover letter example 4
Fundraiser cover letter example 5
Fundraiser cover letter example 6
Volunteer CV sample