The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine can drive your fundraising efforts to a new level. She will always be busy raising as much money as humanly possible for good causes. Her real strength is her ability to understand her audience and know what messages and materials are likely to be most effective with them. Additionally, she is very good at letting people know that a small amount on a regular basis via direct debit can make a real and huge difference. On a personal level she is articulate, has excellent rapport building and negotiation skills and can easily communicate with the general public. In her current role she works for a charity that provides support, advice and assistance to people struggling with bad housing and homelessness. Right now, she would like to join a company where there will be clear and exciting progression opportunities for those with the required ability and drive.
FUNDRAISER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for persuasively and patiently explaining the charity’s cause to people and then politely asking for their support and donations.
- Calling venues such as supermarkets and requesting to book dates to fundraise there.
- Setting up collection stands in both indoor and outdoor locations.
- Using promotional material and supportive technology to publicise the charities aims.
- Directing and supervising fundraising staff, including volunteers.
- Explaining the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors.
- Writing up and then sending out letters of thanks to donors.
- Raising awareness of the organisation’s work.
- Maximising engagement with potential donors at all levels.
- Leveraging technology and social media to improve fundraising activities.
- Establishing links with the corporate social responsibility departments of major companies.
- Giving talks about the charity to audiences and groups of people.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience of working on behalf of charities, NGOs, foundations, hospices, community groups and not-for-profit organisations.
- Have a driving license and possess own car.
- Experience in coordinating and managing small and large scale fundraising programmes.
- Good at answering questions and replying to objections.
- Spotting fundraising opportunities.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to build networks and rapport quickly.
- Quick thinker with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Have a great sense of humour.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holiday periods.
- Driven, ambitious, confident and tenacious by nature.
- Can strike up a conversation with strangers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Fundraiser cover letters
Fundraiser cover letter
Fundraiser cover letter 1
Fundraiser cover letter 2
Fundraiser cover letter 3
Fundraiser cover letter example 4
Fundraiser cover letter example 5
Fundraiser cover letter example 6
Volunteer CV sample