The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine believes that fitness isn’t just about going through the motions of a workout, it’s about having a healthy lifestyle and attitude. In her current role she doesn’t just help her clients get into shape, she’s also responsible for their safety during their workouts. At work she is responsible for helping them to lose weight or gain muscle. With her colleagues she has a reputation for ensuring that problems or complaints are acknowledged, solutions identified and then promptly acted upon. On a personal level she is more than willingly to share her knowledge and experience with others. Professionally, she is someone who is always looking for opportunities to improve systems, processes and work practices, both within her own position and the gym as a whole. Right now, she is searching for a suitable role with a reputable gym.
PERSONAL TRAINER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for assessing clients and then developing a fitness, health or diet programme to help them obtain their objectives.
- Meeting with clients before they begin to gain a better understanding of their goals.
- Designing safe and effective 1 hour personal training programs for individual clients.
- Showing clients how to exercise properly using workouts and specific plans.
- Explaining exercise plans clearly to the client so they understand what they’re doing and why.
- Using methods like measuring heart rate and levels of body fat to check and record a clients’ progress.
- Building up a base of existing and potential future clients.
- Watching clients performing exercises to ensure they are doing the moves correctly.
- Cleaning gym equipment after it has been used.
- Reporting any faulty equipment to the gym manager.
- Arriving at least 15 minutes prior to a scheduled appointment with a client.
- Ensuring that clients are safe during their fitness workouts and regimes.
- Assisting in any first aid and emergency procedures situations that require first aid.
- Giving clients advice on health, nutrition and positive lifestyle changes.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Superb communication skills and able to liaise with gym owners and other fitness coaches.
- Helping people who are overweight to lose weight.
- Specialist at developing shoulders, chest, triceps and core with upper body workouts.
- Knowledge of training principles, training procedures, and exercise techniques.
- Have excellent time keeping and organisational skills.
- Have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Prepared to work evenings, early mornings and weekends.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.