The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine is passionate about health and fitness. She can serve as a knowledgeable and responsible information source to all gym members. At her present place of work she is a key player in an amazing team that delivers exceptional member service to the gyms clients. During the course of her work she asks clients about their medical background, diet and what exercises they already do. She then uses this information to create an action plan that shows the client what activities they need to do to get fitter. At work she takes all practicable steps to ensure the safety of everyone whilst at work, in accordance with gyms Health and Safety policies, procedures and systems. Right now, she is looking for a suitable position with a company that looks after its staff just as much as its clients.
PERSONAL TRAINER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for instructing the gyms clients on basic exercise physiology and proper lifting and exercise techniques.
- Setting realistic short-term and long-term fitness goals for clients.
- Going over the charges for the personal training services and discussing payment plans with clients.
- Instructing and advising clients on how to use a range of fitness machines, classes or weights.
- Modifying exercises according to clients’ fitness levels and ability.
- Attending and contributing to all mandatory staff meetings, workshops, and retreats.
- Promoting the gym and doing everything possible to recruit new members.
- Helping clients with their gym workouts.
- Observing, watching and giving feedback to clients, so that they can improve their techniques.
- Developing and presenting fitness and wellness related workshops.
- Supporting clients throughout their fitness journey through providing knowledge and enthusiasm.
- Conducting a variety of classes for all ages.
- Interacting with clients in an office or training them on the gym floor.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ensuring that gym equipment is used appropriately and for the desired purpose only.
- Keeping up-to-date on shifting health and safety regulations.
- Experience of working in gyms as will as outdoors or other specialist venues.
- Can work at a fitness centre or at a client’s home.
- Maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Acting in a professional manner at all times.
- Can assess a situation and then make well informed decisions independently and quickly.
- Patient by nature and have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Can work well with others as part of a team.
- Ability to establish meaningful relationships.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.