120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: mobile number
A capable, intelligent and very presentable communications specialist with a unrivalled ability to understand a clients objectives, industry and mission statement. Much experienced and having a proven ability to use the web and social media to engage with a target audiences and get a clients core messages across.
Currently looking for a suitable public relations opportunity with a established, innovative and expanding company.
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER – May 2008 – Present
Working in a busy press office, as part of dedicated and professional PR team in delivering a high quality public relations services to valued clients. Working with a cross-functional team to accomplish results by designing and delivering successful PR campaigns for a variety of industries.
- Maintaining good contacts and relationships with editors and journalists.
- Keeping up to date with current affairs as well as industry related and local news.
- Involved in organizing and putting together high profile events and conferences.
- Constantly in touch with print , online and broadcasting companies.
- Attending networking and media events.
- Training colleagues and clients in how to speak to the media during interviews etc.
- Sourcing sponsorship opportunities.
- Writing up case studies, in house magazines and articles for newspapers.
- Liaising with external clients, marketing agencies and other third parties. To put together hard hitting campaigns.
- Advising clients on how best to reach their target audiences.
- Collecting and analysing media coverage, then drawing conclusions from it.
- In charge of keeping the company website updated with relevant content and articles.
- Publicizing campaigns via social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
- Running across the board marketing campaigns for corporate events.
- Carrying out targeted marketresearch.
- Advising work colleagues and senior managers on various aspect of a media campaign.
- Organizing photo opportunities.
- Encouraging clients to maximize the use of the media to get their message across.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Outlook, Explorer, Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Experience of the following industries: advertising, health care, educational services and public sector.
- Familiar with the media and communications industry and how it works.
- Developing a strategy for regional PR activity and events.
- Writing press releases and then submitting them.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask and work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Can produce demand-generation content.
- Employing creative approaches to engaging with new and existing audiences.
- Having a pro active approach.
- Creative approach to projects.
- Excellent social skills and willing to socialize with potential clients, journalists and media personalities.
- Willingness to learn.
- Problem solving skills.
- An outgoing personality.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Journalism
Coventry North College 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.