Apart from defining a problem, identifying its cause and then coming up with a solution in an effective and timely manner. Highlight your ability to use logic and your imagination to deal with unexpected situations and come up with ideas and alternatives and then implement them.
Examples you can use to show off your problem solving skills;
- Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that get results.
- Approaching issues from multiple perspectives.
- Being creative when solving problems.
- Breaking down seemingly intractable problems into manageable parts.
- Combining bits of information to create general conclusions.
- Coming up with ‘on the spot’ solutions to problems.
- Coming up with solutions rather than problems.
- Dealing with problems before they arise.
- Deciding on what has to be done for a specific problem to be resolved.
- Effectively navigating ambiguous situations.
- Good problem owner and solver.
- Identifying the root cause of a problem.
- Not being overawed by the scale of a problem.
- Possessing a genuine interest in other people’s problems and a willingness to help them when asked.
- Pragmatic approach to defining problems, and then developing practical solutions.
- Problem solving by applying logical and lateral thinking to issues and then coming up with viable solutions.
- Solving problems by using logical and lateral thinking to come up with viable solutions.
- Spotting problems before others.
- Structuring a plan of action with clear goals and objectives on how to solve a problem.
- Using logic and analysis to come to technical decisions.
How to show your skills in a CV
Adaptable skills to include in a CV
Communication skills to include in a CV
Decision making skills to include in a CV
Delegating skills to include in a CV
How to show you are a determined person in a CV
How to show your efficiency at work
Hard working examples to include in a CV
Initiative skills to include in a CV
Leadership skills to include in a CV
Professionalism skills to include in a CV
Sociable skills to include in a CV
Team player skills to include in a CV
CV example to use