Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0044 121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
A team player with a friendly and trustworthy disposition who is always customer focused and believes that every meal should be an occasion. As someone who possesses a real passion for great food and a refusal to accept second best, she is able to serve as a role model to junior staff by demonstrating appropriate behaviour towards all work related matters. By having extensive supervisory experience in a reputable establishment, and able to flourish in a busy fast paced environment, she is able to maintain the highest culinary standards even when under severe pressure.
Mary is quick on her feet and be able to make smart decisions instantly, she is constantly challenging herself by analyzing how she can improve her performance, all of these positive attributes allow her to deliver a higher standard of performance to her employers. By having the required patience, endurance and a good measure of skill she can contribute fully to any team, and respond positively to any challenges.
She is now fully ready and qualified for the next stage of an already successful career and is presently looking for a suitable position with an ambitious, exciting and expanding company.
Restaurant – Coventry
CHEF June 2010 – Present
Responsible for overseeing all food preparation in areas such as banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and the employee cafeteria. In charge of meeting a diverse range of dietary requirements for modern, quality food and healthy eating.
- Organising and monitoring controls of food quality, presentation and service.
- Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals to customers.
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are always clean and tidy.
- Managing the kitchens controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing food safety systems.
- Preparing menu plans.
- Placing food orders with approved suppliers and wholesalers.
- Cooking for special occasions i.e. birthdays, weddings etc.
- Preparing and overseeing the cleaning rota.
- Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is fully maintained at all times.
- Participating in staff and client meetings as required.
- Maintaining accurate records of food supplies, and freezer / fridge temperatures.
- Making sure food stock is rotated properly.
- Supervising and instructing kitchen staff members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Making sure that all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored correctly.
- Reporting immediately to managers any illness of an infectious nature or accidents incurred by a client or colleague.
- Demonstrating new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Reviewing comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Overseeing customer relations.
- Choosing a restaurant theme.
- Delegating tasks to staff.
- Disciplining underperforming staff members.
5 Star Hotel – Birmingham
KITCHEN ASSISTANT May 2009 – June 2010
- Extensive knowledge of food safety and health regulations.
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience of cooking in high volume outlets.
- Knowledge of kitchen refurbishment programmes.
- Online food ordering procedures.
- Knowledge of French, Italian, and Fusion cooking.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures.
- Can quickly adapt to changing situations.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Physically fit with a lot of stamina and able to spend long hours standing up.
- Time management
- Multi tasking
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Developing menus
- Kitchen management
- Signature cocktails
- Food purchasing
- Stock control
- Food costs
- Budgetary control
Birmingham Central University – Hospitality & Tourism Degree – 2006- 2009
Food Safety Certificate
Salford College – Diploma in Catering – 2004 – 2006
Available on request.
Related catering links:
Sous chef CV template