120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A energetic caretaker and premises manager with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude to delivering good customer service and a flexible approach to carrying out duties. Focused on providing a efficient and effective caretaking service and committed to safeguarding school pupils and staff at all times. Possessing a excellent commercial approach to solving problems and developing solutions.
Now looking for a new and challenging position, one which will make best use of existing skills and experience and also further my personal and professional development.
CARETAKER – May 2008 – Present
On call 24 hours a day and responsible for the care and upkeep of the school buildings and their grounds. Also making sure that all utilities like electricity, gas and plumbing are in good working order.
- Supervising other staff such as assistant caretakers, cleaners and gardeners.
- Removing litter from the grounds.
- Opening and locking up the school buildings.
- Painting and decorating when required.
- Carrying out estate inspections and reporting on them.
- Carrying out minor repairs, for instance clearing blocked drains or replacing broken window panes.
- Ensuring that the heating and lighting are all turned on and off at appropriate times.
- Clearing away and graffiti and also litter from the grounds.
- Maintenance of the schools fixtures and fittings, i.e. window and door hinges, minor repairs as a temporary measure etc.
- Taking delivery of stores materials and other goods.
- Making sure the local authority refuse collection service remove rubbish bins on time and properly.
- Maintaining the security of the premises and its contents.
- In charge of the school minibus, including its maintenance.
- Updating appropriate records and log books for repairs, orders and meter readings etc.
- Clear gullies and drain areas from litter and weeds.
- Involved in deciding which equipment and furniture to purchase.
- Monitor stock levels of fuel, grit, toiletries, light, bulbs etc and arranging to replenish supplies in accordance when required.
- Storing away and making secure any equipment after it has been used.
- Maintaining the school playing field and football pitch.
- Clean and disinfect bin areas.
- Making sure that the heating systems operate at optimum efficiency.
- Complete knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, emergency procedures and the procedure for evacuating the school.
- Comfortable with working both indoors and outdoors.
- Experience of running a budget.
- Excellent DIY skills, practical and good at working with tools.
- Always observing safe working practices in carrying out required caretaking duties.
- Ability to organize and carry out weekly fire alarm tests.
- Plumbing abilities for un-blocking sinks, traps and waste pipes.
- In excellent physical condition and able to lift heavy loads etc.
- Enhanced CRB.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with both young pupils, teachers, visitors to the school and school governors.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate work.
- Experience in dealing with outside contractors.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Attention to detail
Evesham North College 2005 – 2008
NVQ/SVQ in Cleaning and Support Services (Level 2 in Caretaking).
Chartered Institute of Housing Level 3 Certificate in Housing
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Teacher CV examples:
Relevant teacher cover letters:
Facilities Manager cover letter example
Facilities Manager cover letter