The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Through her civil engineering skills, Maxine is committed to creating, improving and protecting the environment in which we live. She wants to create long-lasting engineering solutions that will meet the needs of generations to come. In her current role she leads a multi-disciplinary team who work on a variety of landmark projects both nationally and overseas. At work she has gained a reputation for being the main point of contact for both senior and graduate engineers. You can rely on her to make cost effective engineering decisions that meet the budget of the client and business. As a professional she will always work to agreed safety and quality standards including compliance to external guidelines and legislation. On a personal level she is someone who enjoys working in a team environment, sharing ideas and collaborating with colleagues Right now, she is looking for a suitable position with a company that takes great pride in its people and its purpose.
CIVIL ENGINEER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for delivering engineering projects in a timely manner within budget and to a high levels of client satisfaction.
- Co-ordinating and attending engineering project meetings, maintaining meeting records and agreed actions, and then following through to ensure actions are completed.
- Splitting up the working day between the office, on-site visits and attending meetings.
- Writing up letters, reports and other relevant documents.
- Creating design calculations in 3D software packages.
- Checking design calculations and drawings done by other engineers.
- Advising the workers on the construction process and addressing their concerns.
- Scheduling project material and equipment purchases and deliveries.
- Producing accurate records, drawing registers and weekly diaries.
- Delivering tool box talks on site.
- Drawing up detailed blueprints, using computer aided design (cad) packages.
- Carrying out all work in a manner that is safe and without risk.
- Travelling to meet clients on site or at their offices.
- Contributing to the development and actioning of engineering plans for the longer-term benefit of the clients and business.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience of working with steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
- Able to communicate efficiently and proactively with your team and Clients.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to design structural components from concept stages through to construction.
- Capacity to work well with others.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Confident decision-making ability.
- Interest in emerging technologies and in innovations in the construction industry.
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Engineering CV templates
Mechanical Engineer CV
Mechanical Engineer CV example
Gas engineer CV
Gas engineer CV template
Test engineer CV
Test engineer CV sample
Project engineer CV
Project engineer CV sample
Process engineer CV
Process engineer CV sample
Electrical engineer CV
Electrical engineer CV sample
Design engineer CV
Design engineer CV sample