120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
A highly motivated and capable professional cook with a real passion for preparing popular, healthy and nutritious meals. Having a ‘hands on’ approach to all areas of the kitchen and possessing excellent organisational skills and administrative skills. A quick learner who can effortlessly fit into a existing established environment, and also encourage junior staff to achieve their best when preparing meals.
Looking for a immediate start and to join a busy and successful team where I can fulfill my potential and further advance an already successful career.
City Centre Restaurant
COOK – May 2008 – Present
Working in a busy and popular restaurant and routinely having to cook for up to 100 diners every night. Responsible as part of a team for cooking tasty, delicious and healthy meals for all diners.
- Cooking and preparing a variety of fresh nutritious midday meals and other refreshments.
- Supervising food service assistants and kitchen staff, organising their daily duties and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring that appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in the kitchen.
- Washing, cutting and preparing food before it is cooked.
- Taking into account the wishes of clients when planning of menus.
- Making sure good nutritional standards are maintained when preparing meals.
- Making sure that all food at point of delivery is of the highest quality.
- Enquiring is any clients have allergies and then cooking meals accordingly.
- Responsible for high standards of food, hygiene, and heath and safety.
- Keeping an eye on the temperature of cookers and roasters.
- Assisting the catering manager to price up menus.
- Deciding what quantities are to be cooked and the amount of portions to be served.
- Constantly checking the quality of the food being served to customers.
- Checking staff to make sure they are wearing appropriate clothing whilst in the kitchen.
- In charge of stock control for the freezers, pantries and store rooms.
- Encouraging junior staff in their training and development.
- Contacting suppliers and ordering vegetables, meats, kitchen and cleaning equipment.
- Controlling stock rotation to ensure the kitchen and larder are always well stocked.
- Preparing hamburgers, fresh food, fried chickens, steaks, pizzas etc.
- Experience of looking after babies right through to young teenagers.
- Full knowledge of the Statutory Regulations contained in the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place.
- Detailed knowledge of seasoning and recipes.
- Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, roasting and steaming.
- Maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Relaxed personality with excellent communication skills.
- Eager to learn new recipes and cooking techniques.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Attention to detail
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Culinary Arts
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. NVQ level 2 in Food Preparation
Certificate in Basic Food Hygiene
Coventry North College 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.