Free Cook CV templates
Click image to download
Free Cook CV template 1
Free Cook CV template 2
Free Cook CV template 3
Free Cook CV template 4
Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
It’s easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
Another Cook CV template
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
A highly motivated and capable professional cook with a real passion for preparing popular, healthy and nutritious meals. Having a ‘hands on’ approach to all areas of the kitchen and possessing excellent organisational skills and administrative skills. A quick learner who can effortlessly fit into a existing established environment, and also encourage junior staff to achieve their best when preparing meals.
Looking for a immediate start and to join a busy and successful team where I can fulfill my potential and further advance an already successful career.
City Centre Restaurant
COOK – May 2008 – Present
Working in a busy and popular restaurant and routinely having to cook for up to 100 diners every night. Responsible as part of a team for cooking tasty, delicious and healthy meals for all diners.
- Cooking and preparing a variety of fresh nutritious midday meals and other refreshments.
- Supervising food service assistants and kitchen staff, organising their daily duties and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring that appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in the kitchen.
- Washing, cutting and preparing food before it is cooked.
- Taking into account the wishes of clients when planning of menus.
- Making sure good nutritional standards are maintained when preparing meals.
- Making sure that all food at point of delivery is of the highest quality.
- Enquiring is any clients have allergies and then cooking meals accordingly.
- Responsible for high standards of food, hygiene, and heath and safety.
- Keeping an eye on the temperature of cookers and roasters.
- Assisting the catering manager to price up menus.
- Deciding what quantities are to be cooked and the amount of portions to be served.
- Constantly checking the quality of the food being served to customers.
- Checking staff to make sure they are wearing appropriate clothing whilst in the kitchen.
- In charge of stock control for the freezers, pantries and store rooms.
- Encouraging junior staff in their training and development.
- Contacting suppliers and ordering vegetables, meats, kitchen and cleaning equipment.
- Controlling stock rotation to ensure the kitchen and larder are always well stocked.
- Preparing hamburgers, fresh food, fried chickens, steaks, pizzas etc.
- Experience of looking after babies right through to young teenagers.
- Full knowledge of the Statutory Regulations contained in the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place.
- Detailed knowledge of seasoning and recipes.
- Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, roasting and steaming.
- Maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Relaxed personality with excellent communication skills.
- Eager to learn new recipes and cooking techniques.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Attention to detail
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Culinary Arts
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. NVQ level 2 in Food Preparation
Certificate in Basic Food Hygiene
Coventry North College 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Related cook CV links:
Chef cover letter
Chef CV template
Chef resume sample
Catering assistant CV template
Kitchen assistant cover letter
Kitchen assistant CV sample
Sous chef CV template
Chef CV templates
Chef CV template 1
Chef CV template 2
Chef CV template 3
Sous Chef CV templates
Sous Chef CV template 1
Sous Chef CV template 2
Sous Chef CV template 3
More career links:
CV template examples
Cover letter examples
How to write a CV
Interview questions and answers