120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
Very experienced GIS consultant with an excellent academic profile and proven track record of over 3 years of invaluable experience in domestic and international consultancy and management. Highly focused with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of project management, technical issues and financial practices. A consistent track record of successfully delivering full lifecycle projects to the highest technical standards, tight time scales and within budget.
Approachable and able to get along with both work colleagues and senior managers, currently looking to work for an organisation offering continued growth and development opportunities.
Multinational Software Company
GIS CONSULTANT – May 2008 – Present
Responsible for producing data and reports for senior management on performance, then measuring these against set indicators. Involved in the production of data and analysis to help plan and deliver many different services. Also involved in ensuring that the product or service the organization provides is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
- Working with planners, engineers, senior managers, research analysts etc on their GIS needs like mapping & analysis.
- Using tools to join together different GIS datasets and create new information or investigate patterns.
- Utilizing standard GIS software, particularly ArcGIS and MapInfo.
- Meeting clients face to face.
- Providing bespoke demonstrations, training and prototypes.
- Demonstrating to clients how GIS will fit within their company to deliver business benefit.
- Working within a team and on customer sites as required.
- Developing and maintaining the structures necessary for GIS data storage.
- Creating internet applications to present GIS data and tools on corporate websites.
- Interpreting and communicate technical data to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Creating and maintaining the structures necessary for GIS data storage.
- Delivery of GIS databases and applications, both stand alone and web based.
- Experience of managing of up to 15 technical staff.
- General skills such as good diagnostic and problem solving skills, good communication skills, plus an enthusiasm and desire to self teach and learn new technology and skills.
- Ability to acquire key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules.
- Excellent knowledge of developer technologies.
- All round GIS knowledge including: information system technologies and system integration.
- Experience of analyzing, manipulating and presentation of complex geographical information on projects within the public and private sector.
- Experienced in the production of, and supervising others in the production of flood mapping outputs.
- Technical experience with ARCview GIS and data manipulation of spreadsheets.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
GIS Database Design
GIS data storage
Spatial data modeling
Spatial data transformation
Evesham University 2005 – 2008
BSc Computer Science
Coventry North College 2003 – 2008
A levels: Maths (A) English (C) Geography (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
More IT and technology based CV templates:
Graphic designer CV template