The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An energetic and physically fit Room Attendant who has a keen understanding of hygiene, cleaning and customer service. Maxine is able to clean rooms and replenish amenities to deliver an excellent guest experience whilst at the same time managing guest requests in a timely manner. She has a can-do attitude along with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines. Being client focused means she can anticipate guest needs and will go the extra mile to fulfil them. As a safety conscious professional she will always use good work techniques that avoid or minimise contact with harmful substances and minimise leaks and spills. Furthermore, she is a physically fit individual who is able to perform repetitive and demanding tasks such as standing for long periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling and reaching. Right now, she is looking for a suitable role with a Hotel that has a great team and where everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow their skills.
ROOM ATTENDANT – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented.
- Pushing around from room to room a fully-stocked housekeeping cart that holds a vacuum cleaner, duster, lint roller, mop, cleaning chemicals and abrasives.
- Taking care not to disturb the guest who might still be sleeping, when cleaning their rooms.
- Checking under beds, chairs and sofa for debris and removing accordingly.
- Changing dirty under blankets, pillows, duvets and bedspreads.
- Washing dirty dishes by hand or via a dishwasher.
- Bringing order to a wardrobe by folding and hanging clothes.
- Wiping and polishing all surfaces in the room until they are clean enough to eat off.
- Polishing and cleaning microwaves, ovens, extractors, hot plates, fridges, and other appliances.
- Wearing personal protective equipment like protective gloves, aprons and eye protection when using dangerous chemicals.
- Keeping rooms well ventilated.
- Storing cleaning products containing chemicals securely in a cool, dry, dark place.
- Cleaning corners of the ceiling by dusting away any spider webs.
- Polishing all silverware in the room.
- Watering room plants to the required level and on a daily basis.
- Complying with the Hotels Policies, Procedures and Code of Ethics.
- Reporting any maintenance deficiencies to superiors.
- Only using the correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to regulations and hotel requirements.
- Stripping beds and then making them as well as changing bed linens.
- Lifting mattresses weighing up to 50 lbs.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Visually inspecting rooms for cleanliness and appearance.
- Good Mathematical skills and able to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Able to work in an environment that has temperature fluctuations and moderate to high levels of noise.
- Can anticipate a guests needs.
- Passionate about hospitality.
- Experience of working as a Room Attendant in a busy hotel environment.
- Throwing away single-use gloves every time they are taken off
- Properly maintaining electrical and mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Maintaining positive and cheerful relationships with guests at all times.
- Respecting the privacy of guests at all times.
- Good communicator and able to speak to guests with poise, voice control, and confidence.
- Willing to consider full time, part time or casual work.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Room Attendant resume
Room Attendant resume template