The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Karen has the knowledge, ability and the necessary skills needed to help patients who have physical injuries or illnesses regain a range of movement or control over their pain. She has the exact qualifications that you are looking for in a candidate, and in addition possesses the dexterity and strength needed to perform duties such as lifting, positioning, pushing and moving patients around. She has experience of looking after patients who require wound care, cardiac rehab, balance training and back injury protection. Throughout her career she has worked on orthopedic and medical patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings. Her key strength lies in making sure that every patient receives a unique experience, and in helping patients to reach a maximum level of mobility in order to lead a rewarding & productive life. Right now she would like to work for a company that firstly has state-of-the-art therapy equipment, and secondly is looking for a motivated and talented candidate to join an existing team.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for helping those with physical problems to follow exercise and treatment programmes set out by the physiotherapist.
- Assisting in the rehabilitation of clients who are suffering from reduced mobility.
- Instructing, motivating, and assisting clients to improve their health and mobility.
- Helping to schedule patient appointments.
- Working with patients from orthopedic, neurologic, trauma, medical, surgical, and other diagonstic groups.
- Setting up therapeutic equipment.
- Preparing clients for therapy.
- Demonstrating exercises to patients.
- Demonstrating mobility aids and exercises.
- Encouraging patients to complete their treatment.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
- Assisting in the assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation of care plans.
- Providing physical therapy to clients in sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Administering non-complex therapeutic exercises.
- Observing a client’s progress and response to treatment.
- Writing up patient records.
TRAINEE THERAPIST – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Maintaining professional relationship with co-workers as well as patients.
- Utilizing professional communication skills to put patients at ease.
- Having a direct, honest and compassionate attitude.
- Teaching clients how to use aids.
- An understanding and caring attitude.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Stress Management Techniques
Central Birmingham University – Physiotherapy Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Physiotherapist CV template
Physical Therapy cover letter