The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A meticulous, hard-working and focused professional who has a long track record of identifying probable risks, preventing accidents and implementing safety regulations. Karen has considerable experience in a Health and Safety role, and is an expert in the fields of drawing-up safe operational procedures and making recommendations following any accidents or incidents. She is team-oriented, resilient and has a self-consistent personality, along with a very precise and goal-oriented working style. Right now she is looking for a permanent position with a company where there is future potential for promotion based on individual performance.
SAFETY OFFICER – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for ensuring that managers, supervisors and employees are carrying out their roles in compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation, codes of practice and relevant standards.Investigate accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Serving as the first responder to and investigator of safety incidents and mishaps.
- Maintaining proper records.
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly and safely.
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing regulatory and compliance data and trends.
- Making regular site inspections.
- Producing concise reports for managers on Health and Safety matters.
- Advising Managers, colleagues of safe working practices.
- Conducting training courses.
- Carrying out safety inspections.
- Performing root cause analysis for incident/accident investigations.
- Producing risk assessments.
- Recording and investigating and accidents or incidents.
- Keeping up to date with all new legislation & development in H&S and advising the business of any changes.
- Carrying out site safety inductions.Identifying staff training requirements.
- Maintaining an audit trail of all H&S documents.Assisting in the documentation of contractual agreements with third party organisations.
- Ensuring COSHH compliance is maintained.
TRAINEE SAFETY OFFICER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Health and Safety
- Ability to communicate and relate well with key opinion leaders and clinical personnel.
- Possessing all Relevant Safety Qualification/Certification.
- Delivering front line safety education and training.
- Serving as a mentor and coach to others.
- Safely handling hazardous substances.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that may occasionally include early or late start times.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Health and Safety Procedures
Central Birmingham University – Management Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.