When applying for a teacher’s vacancy get straight to the point by showing you can teach effectively across a range of provisions to ensure that pupils achieve excellent outcomes. List those skills that will make you different from other candidates, such as your ability to maintain excellent behaviour and attitudes within classes.
Explain how you can inspire life-long connections with learning in students through education, play, and exploration. Include examples of how you promote and fosters each students individual development toward their full potential in the areas of physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth.
Areas to focus on in a Teacher cover letter
How you always arrive in class, on or before the start of the lesson, and begin and end lessons on time.
Planning, developing, and delivering high quality lessons using a variety of novel teaching approaches.
Your strong personal desire to get your students to leave intellectually and emotionally prepared for higher study and for work.
Regularly comparing a students’ skill levels to ensure they are where they should be and taking steps to remedy any shortcomings.
Demonstrate your outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Explain how you can create a relationship of mutual trust and respect with students from all backgrounds and abilities.
Prepares thorough regular performance reviews the needs of a student on a yearly basis.
Promoting equality and diversity in line with a schools policies and procedures.
In your teacher cover letter mention your ability to:
- Organizing a class and activities to make learning an easy and meaningful process.
- Adhere to statutory obligations including health and safety and safeguarding.
- Documents any issues or concerns as needed in a log book and notifying senior management accordingly.
- Keep up to date with current good teaching practices.
- Give functional guidance, direction and training to student teachers, volunteers, and casual supply teachers.
- Protect all students from bullying, physical attacks, or verbal abuse and to immediately report any such incident to the Head of School.
- Remain up to date with national trends in education.
- Use assessments to determine whether students are making adequate progress towards their academic goals.
Describe your teaching experience of:
- Using positive management of behaviour to maximise student achievement.
- Mediating disputes between students.
- Following and complying with all teaching standards and safety regulations.
- Working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
Teacher cover letter example for 2024
St Benedicts High School
Golden Hillock Road
Tel: 0123 456 7890
Date: 27 January 2024
Ref: Supply Teacher vacancy
Dear Mr Jones,
I am replying to your advertisement on the Dayjob.com website for a supply teacher vacancy. After reading the job description I feel very confident that I have all the experience and abilities that you are looking for.
I currently work very near to St Benedicts High School and I feel that a move to your school would suit me perfectly as not only do I have the required skill sets, but I am also familiar to the area and the local community. I am aware of the high reputation a award winning school like St Benedicts has within the city and am keen to be associated with such a well respected educational institution.
I feel that one of my greatest strengths as a teacher is the ability to meet each students unique needs by having an in-depth understanding of their abilities and needs. My experiences include tutoring, organizing daily activities, and keeping students organised and controlled, all requirements asked for in the job advert.
I feel St Benedicts High School can benefit from my four years of teaching experience and my ability to educate young minds and help them to develop into responsible successful individuals.
I hope that you will consider my application and I would welcome a phone call so that we might be able to set up an interview. If you need any further information then please do not hesitate to contact me. I thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely :
More Teacher cover letter examples
Teacher resume examples
Teacher CV templates
Related teacher resume examples
Art Teacher resume
Computer Teacher resume
Dance Teacher resume
English Teacher resume
First year Teacher resume
High School Teacher resume
Kindergarten Teacher resume
Preschool Teacher resume
Science Teacher resume
Special Education Teacher resume
Substitute Teacher resume
Teacher CV example
Teaching CV template
Online Teaching degree
More Teacher related CV links:
Maths teacher CV template
Relevant cover letter links: