To get noticed you’ve got to be different.
One way to do this is to grab the readers attention by immediately stressing your record of ensuring that all the aims of a project are met and completed on time, within budget and to the required specification.
This position requires the holder to be able to achieve positive results to difficult situations or problems encountered. It’s therefore imperative that you can do this.
Also, demonstrate that you are a highly motivated individual who has the skills, energy and focus to manage and support a busy pipeline of projects.
Areas to focus on in a Construction Project Manager resume:
Able to evaluate a project and share lessons or best practice learnt from it with colleagues, partners or other project managers.
Explain how you can quickly learn complex new disciplines from scratch.
Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to read and write effectively, speak with clarity and listen actively.
Able to adapt to changing conditions, tasks, responsibilities or people.
Treating colleagues, customers and partners with respect at all times by listening to their views and empathising with their opinions and perspectives.
Who can build and manage customized project plans with the assistance of colleagues, third parties and technical team members.
In your Construction Project Manager resume mention your ability to:
- Spot check time sheets against work completed and attendance records on site.
- Ensuring that all plant is returned or off hired when not in use.
- Communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, contractors and suppliers.
- Solve problems and cope well under pressure.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Manage resources actively in order to optimise productivity and utilisation.
- Assessing potential opportunities, threats and risks.
- Liaising with engineers, builders and architects to determine the specifications of the project.
- Complete building surveys and provide advice on design, construction, repair and refurbishment.
- Plan all aspects of a project from client handover and site clearance to final inspections.
- Meet at regular intervals with stakeholder to keep them advised on the status of cost versus budget and the progress of the work.
- Supervise the work of project staff and delegating work accordingly.
- Deliver innovative and technically challenging projects.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify near and long term threats.
- Engage with people from all backgrounds and cultures.
- Evaluate the performance of junior members of staff.
Describe your building experience of:
- Managing several projects to successful implementation in parallel with each other.
- Staying updated on industry trends and best practices in project management.
- Taking financial responsibility for each scheme including cost tracking and profit forecasting.
- Health and safety regulations and your ability to uphold these in the workplace.
- Overseeing and coordinating tasks across multiple projects.
- Designing and overseeing works using recognised building contracts and to current technical standards.
- Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
Free Construction Project Manager resume templates
Click image to download
Construction Project Manager resume 1
Construction Project Manager resume 2
Construction Project Manager resume 3
Construction Project Manager resume 4
On this page you will find links to professionally designed templates that can be used to create an interview winning resume.
Construction Project Manager resume PDF:
Get immediate access to over 1000 + Premium & Free CV templates.
All for ONLY $4 a month.
100’s stunning designs that will make you STAND OUT and highlight your Skills and Expertise.
With all our Premium templates you will get the fully editable MS Word;
- One page version.
- Two page version.
- Matching cover letter.
All you need to do is simply enter your personal details into the ready made text boxes and within minutes you will have a professional CV.
Unlimited downloads – Money back guarantee – Cancel anytime.
Construction Project Manager resume example
The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Karen is a capable Project Manager, who has extensive experience managing multiple construction projects within a geographical area. With a successful background in planning, directing and coordinating building activities, she is more than able to not only meet but exceed your expectations. Her present employer is very satisfied with her work rate, and she is confident that she can bring the same level of high performance to your company. As a proven leader, she is able to maintain strict adherence to budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards, and can also adapt to frequent changes in priorities. In addition to all of the above she has extensive experience of commercial, mixed-use and multi-family construction projects from start to finish. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for working diligently on completing all projects on time and to budget.
- Coordinating the construction process for new locations, relocations and renovating existing buildings.
- Ensuring projects progress on schedule and within budget.
- Managing project budgets and costs.
- Maintaining all project documents.
- Providing accurate construction cost estimates.
- Creating purchase orders.
- Making revisions to project work plans.
- Surveying properties and then writing a report to senior managers on their condition.
- Establishing work plans.
- Reading and understanding tower drawings, site status reports, site plans and grounding plans.
- Carrying out periodic inspections of construction sites.
- Manages contractors and monitoring the performance of their work.
- Completing all project documentation.
- Overseeing the development of project schedules.
- Ensuring that the project complies with all contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Meeting customers and sub-contractors.
- Organising the delivery of construction and building equipment.
TRAINEE PROJECT MANAGER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- In-depth technical knowledge of construction crafts, processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of plant technology, project control tools, project schedules and contractual obligations.
- Proven ability to build relationships with subcontractors, senior management and vendors.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience of expansions and renovations to existing property.
- Excellent goodwill building capabilities.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple on-going initiatives.
- Having an unwavering commitment to do what’s right.
- Ability to influence others.
- Able to handle pressure and work to aggressive deadlines.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Business Administration Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
More Construction Project Manager templates
Construction Project Manager cover letters
Construction manager CV
Construction manager CV template
Construction CV templates
Project manager cover letters
Project manager cover letter sample
Project manager cover letter 1
Project manager cover letter 2
Project manager cover letter 3
Project manager cover letter 4
Project Manager cover letter example 5
Project Manager cover letter example 6
Project Manager cover letter example 7
Project manager resume template
Modern Project Manager resume 1 templates
Entry level project manager
Entry level project manager resume
More Project Manager CV & Resumes
Agile project manager resume
Assistant project manager resume
Digital project manager resume
Electrical Project Manager
Infrastructure project manager resume
IT Project Manager CV example
Marketing project manager resume
SAP project manager resume
Senior project manager resume
SEO Manager CV template
Software project manager resume
Technical project manager resume