To stand any hope of beating other applicants for this role you must optimise your CV and target it specifically at the vacancy in question.
Applying for a Java Developer role requires more than just a long list of your previous experiences. In the first few sentences, launch yourself into the recruiter’s mind by introducing yourself as someone who can artfully design, develop, and manage Java-based applications and software.
Java developers are team players who can collaborate with fellow engineers and web designers. They must be able to integrate Java into existing software applications and resolve any issues by coming up with efficient solutions. All competencies you must have and be able to display.
Your CV must be more than just a bunch of words. It must tactfully include those technical and soft skills that makes your CV shine brighter than everyone else.
On this page you will learn how to write a compelling application that does not include any fluff, unnecessary words, and irrelevant jargon. Instead, it will give you tips and tricks on how to effectively highlight your most relevant skills, experiences, and potential. Everything you need to get that job is right here!
Link to a Java Developer CV example:
Get immediate access to over 1000 + Premium & Free CV templates.
All for ONLY $4 a month.
100’s stunning designs that will make you STAND OUT and highlight your Skills and Expertise.
With all our Premium templates you will get the fully editable MS Word;
- One page version.
- Two page version.
- Matching cover letter.
All you need to do is simply enter your personal details into the ready made text boxes and within minutes you will have a professional CV.
Unlimited downloads – Money back guarantee – Cancel anytime.
What to write in a Java Developer CV
Work duty examples
- Creating complex Java-based applications for small, large and multinational companies.
- Using Java to improve a clients website and their online applications.
- Putting together and maintaining high-quality and leading edge back-end systems, APIs, and databases.
- Involved in the entire product development lifecycle including its design, development and deployment.
- Resolving any technical issues that arise in a quick and efficient manner.
- Performing in depth code reviews and suggesting improvements for efficiency.
- Participating in comprehensive code reviews and providing constructive feedback to related parties.
- Writing reusable and maintainable code.
- Recommending changes to improve established java application processes.
- Transforming requirements into stipulations.
- Developing software according to the design specifications using established software application standards.
- Applying best design principles, appropriate data structures and algorithms to solve a problem.
- Optimizing web design for mobile for maximum speed.
- Reading and interpreting written functional specifications.
- Always at the centre of putting together and then handing over finished software products to clients.
- Providing technical advice and support to both colleagues and also external customers at all levels.
- Integrating Java applications with back-end services and databases.
- Aligning application design with the clients operational and business goals.
- Liaising with a team of other developers to fix bugs in code, implement new functions, and make changes to existing ones.
- Testing software systems meticulously to diagnose and resolve system faults.
- Scheduling completion dates for tasks and then ensuring they are met.
- Maintaining an active testing environment.
- Troubleshooting operational or software problems and recommends solutions.
- Implementing user requirements to enhance product functionality.
- Identifying bugs, investigating them, and offering viable solutions.
- Conducting thorough unit testing and debugging to ensure software quality and reliability.
- Determining the most appropriate methods and functions to solve problems.
Areas of expertise
- Automated testing
- Backend services
- Cloud applications
- Coding skills
- Digital trends
- Java libraries
- Problem solving
- Scripting languages
- Software testing
- Technical support
- User requirements
- In depth understanding of the full software development cycle.
- Always following software development best practices at all times.
- Have the communication skills needed to build strong relationships with a variety of different people.
- Strong developer skills in Core Java, Spring and Spring Boot.
- Working with databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Comfortable working with both front- and back-end languages.
- Hands-on experience working in an Agile environment.
- Solving problems by breaking them down into manageable bits.
- Developing scalable applications in a dynamic environment.
- A good listener who is able to hear what a client wants.
- Keen learner who is committed to staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Possess a big appetite to learn and improve own personal skills.
- Experience in simultaneously juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
Java Developer cover letter examples
Java Developer cover letter
Java Developer cover letter 1
Java Developer cover letter 2
Java Developer cover letter 3
Java Developer cover letter 4
Java Developer cover letter 5
Java Developer cover letter 6
More Developer resume links
C developer CV sample
Graduate web developer CV sample
Junior software developer CV sample
Oracle developer CV sample
PHP developer CV sample
Student entry level Web developer resume template
Web developer resume examples
Web developer resume template purchase
ABAP developer resume
Database developer resume
Software developer resume
Back End developer resume
Front End developer resume
Latest related links
SQL Developer resume example
More IT and technology based CV templates: