The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An empowering and engaging leader who can create an IT department that is characterised by commitment, team spirit, hard work and success. Maxine is a strategic thinker who is able to manage a hybrid of matrixed organisational structures, whilst maintaining operational oversight of what’s going on around her. Her experience covers working in a fast-paced environment where she has to resolve disputes and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously. On a personal level she has a professional, friendly and honest approach to her work, She is someone who constantly asks why and has a track record of coming up with innovative solutions to seemingly intractable problems. Right now, she would like to join a company that gives its staff the opportunity to get more from their job by acknowledging their talents and rewarding their efforts.
HEAD OF IT – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for providing strategic and hands-on leadership to the IT team and for helping to build up the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Controlling and managing the IT departments resources and budget.
- Overseeing the work of IT managers, supervisors and staff members.
- Serving as the primary point of contact between the IT department and other areas of the company.
- Carrying out regular site visits to regional offices to check that IT needs are being met.
- Making decisions on how best to drive IT growth and improvements.
- Developing key performance indicators to track the effectiveness of IT services within the company and then regularly reporting on these to leadership figures.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they occur.
- Completing IT general audits to ensure standards meet compliance criteria.
- Contacting managers across all locations in a region, to understand their requirements and support needs.
- Leading teams of IT specialists on major projects from start to completion.
- Developing positive relationships with IT suppliers and third part partners.
- Being a senior escalation point for and Service Delivery or IT issues.
- Reporting and acting upon all and any IT security breaches.
- Ensuring the security of data, network access and backup systems.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience of working with users at various levels.
- Knowledge of relevant IT methodologies and supporting frameworks including Agile and Waterfall.
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills.
- Have a ‘Can do’ attitude and always delivering on tasks though to a conclusion.
- Comfortable with working with a range of business experts, execs and senior managers.
- Strong experience of IT Management and directorship from a strategic and coaching level.
- A deep sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and influence both within and outside of the functional area.
- Not afraid to make major decisions or to stand up to authority figures.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
More related CV examples
Head of Marketing resume
Head of Operations resume
Head of Procurement resume
Head of Security resume
Head of Communications resume template
Head of Finance CV template
Head of HR CV template
Related cover letter examples
Head of Communications cover letter example
Head of Finance cover letter example
Head of HR cover letter example
Head of IT cover letter example
Head of Marketing cover letter example
Head of Operations cover letter example
IT CV examples
IT Program Manager templates
IT Program Manager resume