Show a prospective employer that you are a good decision maker who always makes the right call. Making the right decisions and avoiding bad ones is a vital skill for those who aspire to leadership roles such as Supervisors or Managers.
Examples of how to show you can consistently make the right decision on important matters;
- A quick thinker who is able to make fast decisions.
- Able to make those hard decisions needed to keep things moving.
- Always basing decisions on facts.
- Capable of forming judgements and sticking to them when under pressure from those not so well informed.
- Comfortable making sometimes difficult decisions.
- Deciding on a course of action and then sticking to it.
- Gathering, collating, classifying and organising the information needed to make a decision.
- Having a measured approach to decision making.
- Identifying critical factors which can affect the outcome of a decision.
- Including appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Long record of making the correct decisions.
- Making decisions that are consistent with the company’s core values.
- Making decisions without the help of others.
- Making objective recommendations as to which direction should be taken.
- Making professional, management and organisational decisions based on informed judgements.
- Making the right decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Not afraid to make critical and important decisions.
- Not afraid to make important decisions and then take responsibility for the results.
- Not afraid to make unpopular decisions.
- Only making decisions after thorough evaluation.
- Planning in advance on what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and who should do it.
- Precisely identifying a problem or goal before making a decision.
- Proven ability to make decisions that have a positive impact on a company’s operations.
- Taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Track record of choosing correctly between possible solutions to a problem.
- Using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to come to accurate, expert and correct decisions.
- Willing to cooperate with others when making decisions.
How to show your skills in a CV
Adaptable skills to include in a CV
Communication skills to include in a CV
Delegating skills to include in a CV
How to show you are a determined person in a CV
How to show your efficiency at work
Hard working examples to include in a CV
Initiative skills to include in a CV
Leadership skills to include in a CV
Problem solving skills to include in a CV
Professionalism skills to include in a CV
Sociable skills to include in a CV
Team player skills to include in a CV
CV template examples