The examples below will show a prospective employer that you have the initiative to be able to deal with unexpected problems and situations.
Examples of how to explain your initiative skills in a CV;
- A self-starting individual who has the ability to make things happen.
- Able to spot when something needs doing and then doing it.
- Able to work with a minimum amount of supervision and on own initiative.
- Actively influencing events rather than passively accept them.
- Always thinking ahead about what needs to happen next, this means that I am never caught out by unexpected events.
- Can work under own initiative to tight schedules.
- Completing tasks and not leaving them for others to do.
- Having an inquisitive mind.
- Keen to learn something new every day.
- Never shying away from a challenge.
- Not afraid to take the initiative.
- Planning in advance on what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and who should do it.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and always moving fast to resolve important issues that require immediate action.
- Working in a pro-active way to support the operational needs of a business.
How to show your skills in a CV
Adaptable skills to include in a CV
Communication skills to include in a CV
Decision making skills to include in a CV
Delegating skills to include in a CV
How to show you are a determined person in a CV
How to show your efficiency at work
Hard working examples to include in a CV
Leadership skills to include in a CV
Problem solving skills to include in a CV
Professionalism skills to include in a CV
Sociable skills to include in a CV
Team player skills to include in a CV
CV example to use