A CV should not only reflect your abilities and experience, but also you as a person. This is because employers are always interested in your human side and emotional intelligence.
Having the know-how and technical ability to do a job is important, but so are soft skills. In a level playing field with equally matched candidates, they can be that decisive factor that makes you stand out.
Supercharge your CV with those personal skills that employer’s value and look for in applicants. Below is a list of natural talents, characteristics and traits that will enhance your application and reassure Hiring Managers that you can quickly fit in and deal with the demands of a role.
- Able to enter into constructive dialogues with people with whom I disagree.
- Able to inspire the trust of others.
- Adapting tone, language and style for different situations.
- Articulating complicated concepts in simple terms.
- Can communicate clearly within a team environment.
- Can keep the buzz of a good conversation going.
- Comfortable dealing with individuals of all levels of seniority.
- Have a professional & friendly manner that quickly puts people at ease & makes them more receptive to suggestions.
- Selecting the right words to convey a message.
- Using positive body language to create the right atmosphere.
- A quick thinker who is able to make fast decisions.
- Always basing decisions on facts.
- Comfortable making sometimes difficult or unpopular decisions.
- Gathering, collating, classifying and organising the information needed to make a decision.
- Precisely identifying a problem or goal before making a decision.
- Willing to cooperate with others when making decisions.
General personal skills
- Accurately following oral and verbal instructions.
- An outgoing, people oriented individual who is capable of wearing many different hats.
- Analytical mind and able to soak up large amounts of complex information.
- Competitive spirit with a strong desire to succeed and exceed goals.
- Staying calm when under pressure.
- Striving for perfection in everything I do.
- Thinking and acting proactively.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Keeping emotions under control.
- Maintaining a professional image at all times.
- Maintaining composure when dealing with difficult and stressful situations.
- Never cracking under pressure but staying calm and carrying out the tasks efficiently.
- A real team player who works well with others.
- Ability to work in harmony with others and to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned.
- Able to work as part of a team that pushes towards a common goal.
- Able to work with different personality types.
- Able to work with people from all nationalities.Acting as a go-between who can facilitate inter-departmental communication.
- Can be a key motivator within a team setting.
- Can build the confidence, pride and self-esteem of those around me.
- I understand the importance of personal relationships and work hard at making friends.
- Prepared to share knowledge and skills with colleagues to improve overall team performance.
- Reducing friction between members of staff.
- Serving as a bridge builder between different groups.
- Taking pride in every individual and team success delivered by the business.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TO LIST
- Able and willing to perform complex and difficult tasks.
- Always punctual and on time.
- Always remaining in control and never ‘losing it’.
- Can provide you with excellent references from my current and Previous employers.
- Establishing professional boundaries.
- Excellent working habits.
- Exercising absolute discretion and confidentiality.
- Never cutting corners to get a job done.
- Never rushing a job and always paying attention to the smallest of details.
- Setting high standards for own personal behaviour.
- Taking pride in a job well done.
- Working with other people in a professional manner.
How to show your skills in a CV
Adaptable skills to include in a CV
Decision making skills to include in a CV
Delegating skills to include in a CV
How to show you are a determined person in a CV
How to show your efficiency at work
Hard working examples to include in a CV
Initiative skills to include in a CV
Leadership skills to include in a CV
Problem solving skills to include in a CV
Professionalism skills to include in a CV
Sociable skills to include in a CV
Team player skills to include in a CV