Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0123 456 7890
A highly organised IT professional who has a proven track record of using good engineering practice to produce software for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions. At the heart of his strength is the ability to work on the development of software systems by accurately interpreting user requirements, then creating the required software designs, coding and testing them and finally integrating the software. At all times he makes sure that both the company’s and the client’s interests are at the core of any IT project. By possessing a sound knowledge of modern software development techniques, methods, tools and languages he is able to ensure enhanced user interaction. He is proud to possess a long record of achieving the desired outcomes of projects, on-time and always within budget. A real team player who can comfortably work with Business Analysts, Solution Designers, Deployment Teams and Testers to develop and enhance software functionality. One of his greatest strengths is being able to appreciate the bigger business picture, and not just a projects immediate software requirements.
Michael is a driven individual who wants to progress and is now looking to take the next step in a already accomplished career by joining a successful company.
IT Company – Coventry
SOFTWARE ENGINEER June 2010 – Present
Working within a team of highly motivated software engineers to deliver complex solutions to specific technical problems. Deeply involved in the designing, implementing and maintaining of software to support various client’s products and services.
- Testing software in controlled, real situations before it goes live.
- Analysing user requirements.
- Supporting and enhancing existing software.
- Extensive knowledge of C++ and other programming languages.
- Writing and debugging code.
- Involved in and contributing to automated test environments.
- Developing and improving interfaces.
- Maintaining systems once they are up and running.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Occasionally t providing technical leadership to junior IT staff.
- Testing new programmes.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals.
- Preparing and writing training manuals for users.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Handling and analysing large amounts of technical data.
Web Design Company – Birmingham
SOFTWARE DESIGNER May 2009 – June 2010
- Experience of software release, documentation and end-user support.
- Knowledge in microprocessor hardware design.
- Proven experience in developing web applications.
- Solid understanding of Linux, Apache, SQL databases, PHP and code revision control.
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as inter-relationships between systems, including the impact of change in one system on another.
- Object orientated analysis and design.
- Development of web based applications, including cross browser testing and accessibility.
- Able to work individually, as part of a co-located team or as part of a distributed global team.
- A good communicator who is able to explain complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing, to technical and non technical audiences.
- Acting as a role model for junior IT staff.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self motivated and a quick learner.
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop effective solutions.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Software project management
IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory
IBM WebSphere Content Management or Adobe CQ5
Service Oriented Architecture
Configuration and Release Management
Agile delivery methodologies
Creating Test Plans
Manchester University Degree – Computer Science – 2006- 2009
Salford College Diploma 2004 – 2006
Available on request.
Software tester CV example
Software tester CV
Computer Programmer resume example
Computer Programmer resume
Computer Science degree online