The key to winning a job interview is to show that your experience, expertise, future potential and career ambitions perfectly align with a prospective employer’s needs. Your CV should follow a clear and easy-to-read structure. It must also display your eagerness and show your understanding of what the job entails. There are always many points to be clarified when creating a successful CV.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to convince a recruiter that you can create the design and layout of a website to a client’s precise requirements.
Remember, that as the go to person for web design you will be responsible for testing a sites functionality, working with different content management systems, and utilising search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques to boost a site’s ranking. Make sure all of this is included in what you submit to a recruiter.
A good CV will outline the candidates relevant work experience, list of achievements and ability to work with other software and IT professionals. With so much competition in this field, you need one that also demonstrates your soft skills, such as your ability to meet clients to discuss their requirements and agree a brief.
If you’re having trouble putting one together, don’t worry we are here to help. This page comes with everything you need to write your CV, including a bank of prewritten downloadable examples that can be customized with ease and tweaked to your precise requirements. Follow our detailed guide to put the odds massively in your favour.
Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
It’s easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
On this page you will find a link to a professionally written web designer CV template and also get tips on what points to focus on in your CV.
Link to a web designer CV example: Web designer CV sample
What to write in a Web Designer CV
Work duty examples
- Putting together stunning websites that are visually appealing, user-friendly and fully interactive.
- Creating page layouts that are eye catching but simple to navigate and use.
- Making sure that the website complies with the company’s brand guidelines.
- Working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Having meetings clients in order to define the requirements for their website such as its content, style and appearance.
- After a website has been launched keeping a close eye on it by monitoring and maintaining it.
- Registering web domain names with regulatory bodies.
- Inserting security protection software into websites to stop them from being hacked.
- Working in partnership with other web specialists, such as in-house front end designers and developers.
- Organising the hosting of the website with the best providers.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an existing site and quickly responding to any downtime.
- Delivering website on time and within budget.
- Providing ongoing site maintenance, updates, and support to paying clients.
- Keeping accurate administrative records and maintaining software documentation.
- Giving existing ones a uplift by adding more functionality and improving its loading speed.
- Ensuring website function and stability across various desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
- Handing a finished website over to the client in a professional manner.
- Proofreading written content to spot any grammatical or spelling mistakes and then rectifying where necessary.
- Implementing WordPress websites from design concepts.
- Taking on design projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Delegate work to 3rd party contractors as well as freelancers and then ensuring that the work is done to a high standard.
- Writing up progress reports for senior managers, clients and third party stakeholders.
- Optimising sites for maximum speed and scalability.
- Having in place and then implementing contingency plans in the case of a website going down.
- Participating in the testing process through test reviews, analysis and witnessing.
- Remaining in contact with clients during the building process and keeping them updated on what is going on.
- Creating top class websites that seamlessly incorporate graphics, sound and video.
- Conducting code analysis, code reviews, and software reliability analysis.
- Employing the highest industry and design best practice throughout the website build process.
- Using Google Adwords as well as other ad platform to monetise a website.
- Researching current website design trends.
- Liaising with SEO specialists on optimizing site content.
Areas of expertise
- CSS skills
- Developing websites
- Graphic design
- Page layouts
- User testing
- Web accessibility
Web Designing skills
- Artistic by nature with a keen creative eye for pixel perfect digital web design.
- Gathering, investigating and evaluating user feedback to make system more stable and use friendly.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and other related software.
- Good at accurately interpreting business requirements in order to conceptualize a websites layout.
- Extensive knowledge of best SEO practices and how to practically apply them.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience of working with different content management systems.
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages.
- Having a detail orientated, meticulous and organised approach to work duties.
- Fluency with markup and programming languages including HTML, XML, Java, and CSS.
- Able to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time.
- Can remain focused on a job even in an environment of constant interruptions.
- High levels of concentration.
- Hard worker who never leaves the office until everything has been done.
- Physically fit and able to go through prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Web designer cover letters
Web designer cover letter sample
Web Designer cover letter 1
Web Designer cover letter 2
Web Designer cover letter 3
Web Designer cover letter example 4
Web Designer cover letter example 5
Web Designer cover letter example 6
Web Developer resume
Web developer resume examples
Social media cover letter
Social media cover letter
SEO Manager resume
SEO Manager resume template
More IT and technology based CV templates:
1st line support CV template